Michelle & Joseph 6th May 2017
We chose to book our wedding reception with the Maritime for so many reasons; the hospitality, the service, the value for money, the setting, the food but mostly what sold it for us was the genuine care and thoughtfulness that Helen and Finbarr and all the staff had that our wedding would be perfect for us.
With the help of Helen, the entire wedding process was smooth sailing for us! Initially, we contacted 4 or 5 local reception venues to see what they could offer us. Some insisted that we meet to discuss costings (which was hard for us living in London), some were secretive about their prices and wanted to know what our budget was first and the others just didn’t have what we wanted. But from the start, the Maritime was different, there was no pressure. We went to have a look around and came away with a booklet so that we could think about everything. We made up our minds pretty quickly because lots of things sold it for us – the layout was a big tick; having the entire wedding all on one floor was great. It meant the smokers didn’t have to go downstairs and leave every time they wanted to nip out, it meant that the drinks reception and meal were right next to each other, the band were ready to start the minute the meal was finished, there was no walking to the next room for the next part of the day, the older guests didn’t have to climb stairs and no one got lost trying to find the toilet! The value for money was another tick, we got everything we wanted for our budget and it was all presented so professionally by the hotel that it looked like it cost double what we had actually paid for it. The hospitality of the staff was amazing, drinks were kept topped up, the views from the suite were beautiful and so many of our guests loved being able to nip back to their room to change their shoes or re-apply their lipstick!
During the build-up, Helen answered every single email I sent (there were a LOT of emails). The hotel staff were fantastic; they helped us sort out transport for guests to and from the airport, they delivered a card to my husband-to-be on the morning of the wedding, they arranged with our band how and when they should set-up; things we hadn’t thought of - they just stepped right in and took that pressure off us. It was clear that Helen was very experienced with weddings and knew what worked well and what didn’t – we took her advice the whole way through.
On the day of the wedding our guests were truly blown away, and they haven’t stopped talking about it since! The drinks reception was incredible; the canapés and bar staff and piano player were spectacular, the food at the meal was just amazing, there was never any waiting around, everything ran from one event into the next and our guests were all in awe. My husband and I were made to feel incredibly special. Finbarr oversaw the day like a true professional, he knew the etiquette of who sits where at the top table, when to do the speeches, when we should enter the room, even when the men could take their jackets off! It was so helpful and made our wedding all the more traditional. After the meal, the tables were cleared like pros and the bar was run like clockwork. The next morning when we dreaded having to go into the suite and take down all of our decorations, the hotel staff had boxed them up for us and we just had to take them away! At breakfast we even got a bottle of prosecco! It was all the little touches that made it so remarkable.
I could write pages on how stress free and incredible our wedding at the Maritime was, but I would be here forever. Let’s just say, if we could do it again, we’d pick the Maritime again and wouldn’t change a thing.
Sheila and Jamie 17th June 2017
We had our wedding reception at The Maritime recently and we couldn’t recommend them enough. After our first meeting with Helen we knew it was the right venue for us and put down a deposit the next day. We had visited a lot of other hotels and none had made us feel so at ease, we were impressed with the level of friendliness and professionalism at The Maritime. Not having any experience with wedding planning ourselves, Helen took us through each step and ensured every little detail on the day was exactly as we had requested. The hotel catered our drinks reception at Bantry House and it was great to know that everything was taken care of.
From when we arrived at the hotel the day before the wedding, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, even thinking of things we hadn’t thought of. Any last-minute changes were no problem at all. Since the wedding we’ve had great feedback from our guests, particularly about the quality of food and how good the staff were. The package we chose was great value for money and there were no hidden extras. We are very happy that we chose The Maritime and look forward to visiting again soon.
Thanks again to all the staff for making our day so special.
Top 5 Reasons Previous Couples Chose The Maritime Hotel
1. Location/Style – We are perfect for a Destination Wedding in the heart of West Cork with beautiful views over Bantry Bay. We are also located near the picturesque Gougane Barra Church. Our newly redecorated Banqueting Suite, The Windward Suite, offers couples a muted colour scheme which can be adapted to reflect their particular Wedding colour or theme.
2. Service/Staff – Our Team of Wedding Experts will ensure your Wedding Experience is memorable from your very first enquiry right through to your Wedding Day and after. The service on the day will be seamless as your day flows from church to meal to dancing the night away. Our staff’s motto is “nothing is impossible”, if we can help we will.
3. Value for Money – We offer a range of packages to suit every budget which include many complimentary items so you get great value for money. We are also happy to offer Tailor Made Packages to make your vision a reality.
4. Food – Using the freshest of ingredients, our team of Chefs produce the finest Wedding Menus that will have all your guests talking about the quality available in West Cork.
5. Reputation – We are delighted to have been a finalist in the Mrs2Be 2016 Wedding Awards as voted by past brides and a judging panel. We are also thrilled to be awarded Best Luxury Venue in the RSVP 2016 Wedding Awards