The wellbeing of our guests and colleagues will be our utmost consideration, so that you may continue to enjoy your time at The Maritime Hotel with new norms of safety and peace of mind. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and wish to express our sincere gratitude to everyone for their support at this time. We are delighted to announce that The Maritime Hotel will re-open in line with government guidance on June 2nd, 2021.
- The Gleneagle Group is in the process of developing a companywide program that will introduce a new standard of hotel cleanliness and disinfection to ensure Gleneagle Group guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay.
- We operate highest levels of cleaning as best practice and we have increased these levels throughout the hotel. We have introduced hourly sanitisation of identified touchpoints across all public areas and will continue this process going forward.
- Some guidelines will be highly visible throughout our hotels, others will be combined into our service offerings, and many others in the back-of-house will even go invisible to your eye.
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) And we have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers on entry and exit points throughout.
- Increased cleaning frequency of private and public areas
- Hand sanitisers are available at entrances and high traffic areas.
- Enhanced cleaning for leisure / fitness centres and Spas
- Advance check-in and check-out and digital billing
- Enhanced Staff safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
- Hotel guests are required to wear face masks in public areas. By law, you have to wear a face covering:
- The Ocean Restaurant and The Maritime Bar are open for residents only. We are requesting all residents to book in advance to guarantee availability.
- Breakfast will be available in the hotel from 7.30-10.30am on weekdays & 8.00-10.30am on weekends. All guests will be asked to pre-book a breakfast time and an allocation of 45 minutes applies to each sitting.
- We are offering both a cold and hot breakfast selection. All tables will be sanitised between each use.
- Our bar area is operating on a table service basis only for food & drink options.
- From 5pm to 9pm, we are taking bookings for bar food with an allocation of 105 minutes in place per sitting. Bookings are strongly encouraged, but we will cater for walk-in guests where possible.
- We are abiding by Government regulations. Social distancing and table service is still applicable. Drinks for residence available from the Garnish Bar. They may be enjoyed in the allocated seating or taken to their guestrooms.
- Room service is available for guests of the hotel on a 24 hour service
- Breakfast is a limited menu and will be delivered to room for a charge of €5 per person.
- We have re-planned our dining areas to ensure social distancing is in place.
- We ask our guests to provide contact details on arrival for contact tracing (name and phone number) and to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser on arrival.
- Social distancing is to be maintained at all times in the restaurant.
- Menus are fully sanitized after each use.
- All hard surfaces will be sanitised after use.
- Our team have been fully trained to comply with all safety guidelines.
- We encourage our customers to make all payments contactless where possible.
- Government and WHO guidelines are used for the cleaning and sanitising protocols of all areas of the hotel. High-touch points will be repeatedly sanitised (i.e. chairs, handles, rails etc)
- We will issue pre-arrival preference forms and follow up with pre-arrival calls to ensure all guest information is updated prior to arrival for a speedy check-in process
- Check in is strictly after 4 pm.
- On check out, key cards will be placed in a box by the guest and will be disinfected after each stay.
- Extra disinfection of all high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles.
- Non-essential Soft furnishings, such as cushions/throws and extra pillows have been reduced in the rooms.
- Bedrooms will not be serviced daily, so staff will not be entering your room during your stay unless pre-agreed. Rooms will be serviced after every 2 nights of your stay.
- Reduced paper amenities (like notepads and guest directories) in room
- We are working on our entertainment schedule. We are closely following W.H.O & H.S.E directive to ensure protocols are adhered to.
- Club Maritime Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi & Gym is open from 7am to 10pm weekdays & 8am - 8pm on weekends. Booking will be required on the day due to limited numbers allowed at each time.
- Booking times will be in specific sessions, with cleaning times in between to ensure the safety of our users.
- The hotel gym
- Users of the gym will be asked to arrive in gym gear and to change in their hotel room after use, where possible.
- All users must ensure that all equipment is wiped down after use.
- Users of the pool are encouraged to change in their room before using the facility where practical; the changing room facilities will be available with a limited capacity allowing for social distancing.
- Please be considerate of others and limit time spend in the changing room where use is required.
- Our shower facilities in the changing rooms is open to members. We kindly ask all residents to shower in their room post swim.
- Children under 16 years old must have an adult in the pool for the duration of their swim as there is no viewing gallery.
- We are not able to provide free swimming aids (boards & woggles) but they may be available to purchase for an additional fee.
- Club Maritime Leisure Centre staff will ensure social distancing is maintained and numbers using our pool will be limited. Government and WHO guidelines are adhered to for the cleaning and sanitising protocols of all pool areas.
- The Fitness Room is closed in line with Government updates. Government and WHO guidelines are adhered to for the cleaning and sanitising protocols of all gym areas.
- You Time Treatment Rooms are open. You can make an appointment please contact the Leisure Centre at 027-54720
- Kids Disco every Wednesday and Saturday 7-8:30
Government policy Arriving in Ireland from another country
By law, if you arrive in Ireland from any other country you will need to fill in a form called the Covid-19 Passenger Locator Form & Restrict your movements for 14 days unless you travel from a green list country.
Please be aware of this for any travel
Restricting your movements means self-isolating/staying at home and avoiding contact with other people and social situations as much as possible.
Our Hotel Policy All guests arriving from another country:
- Self-isolating/Quarantine at our hotels is not an option
- Please can you provide us with details on when you entered the country
- Please can you provide us with details of where you self-isolated for the recommended two weeks.
- Failure to provide this important information means we will not be able to accept your booking.
- We will not accept bookings from anyone not adhering to the 14-day quarantine ahead of their expected check in date of stay, unless from a Green List Country. Anyone arriving to Ireland from overseas must complete a COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form. Further information and guidance is available here.
- This policy will continue for the forseeable future and may change subject to government guidelines
Last updated 20th July 2021