Top 15 Family Days Out
- Get out and active by hiring bikes from Cycle West Cork and experience the West Cork countryside first hand.
- Visit the Island Paradise of Whiddy Island, where you can enjoy a restful escape and hire bikes to cycle the island.
- Take a boat trip to Sherkin Island or Cape Clear Island from Baltimore and spend the day exploring.
- Take an energized walk or leisurely stroll to the Sheep's Head Peninsula Lighthouse for Breathtaking views.
- Stand at the edge of the world with a visit to Mizen Head Signal Station & Visitor’s Centre (and make sure to climb the 99 steps!)
- Visit the wonderful gardens on Garnish Island from the pier in Glengarriff via the magical Seal Island.
- Experience an interactive and interpretative sculpture garden with The Ewe Sculpture Gardens in Glengarriff.
- Marvel at the Whales and Dolphins with a Whale Watching Trip with Nic Slocum from Baltimore.
- Glide over the waters on Ireland’s only Cable Car which will take the whole family over to Dursey Island.
- Meet the Alpaca’s at Waterfall Alpaca Farm & Walk in Castledonovan, Drimoleague.
- Learn the basics with Bantry Driving Academy cycling and driving training sessions in their state of the art facility.
- Visit the West Cork Model Railway Village in Clonakilty, where you can experience the quaint miniature village or take a tour on the Tschu Tschu road train.
- Play 18 holes of fun at Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf in Rosscarbery.
- Stargaze at Schull Planetarium with their out of this world star shows.
- The Prince August Toy Soldier Factory and Visitor Centre is Ireland’s only Toy Soldier Factory and provides a memorable day out for all the family