The Maritime Hotel and our green footprint
IT USED TO BE TRUE THAT A HOTEL COULD PUT OUT A SIGN THAT SAYS” PLEASE DON’T MAKE US WASH THE TOWELS” AND THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH TO CALL YOURSELF “GREEN”.
- But here at The Maritime Hotel, we are committed to conserving resources and saving energy in many different ways.
- We are a Gold Medal accredited Green Hospitality Award Member. This programme recognises businesses that make an effort to take care of the environment.
- The water in our hotel bedrooms is purified through our seven stage filtration system into reusable glass bottles, eliminating the need for disposable plastic bottles.
- We compost all our waste food with a very efficient system that turns bio degradable waste into peat free, environmentally friendly compost.
- The hotel operates almost exclusively on energy saving bulbs, using timing and motion sensors in areas that would be unoccupied for certain periods.
We hope you have a very enjoyable stay with us in The Maritime Hotel in West Cork, home to some of the most breath-taking scenery in Ireland –we are all working hard to keep it that way.