How to get here
DIRECTIONS TO BANTRY FROM CORK AND BEYOND
We hope that you find our directions to Bantry of assistance to you in your journey.
Bantry sits on the South Western peninsula of Ireland and is located on the main N71 between Cork and Kenmare and Killarney.
Travelling By Car from CORK:
- At Bandon Rd Roundabout, take the first exit onto Bandon Road and continue to Bandon town.
- Turn right onto St Finbarr's Pl and then turn left onto N Main St, follow sign posts for Dunmanway / Bantry.
- Continue onto the twin villages of Enniskeane & Ballineen, still following the sign posts for Dunmanway /Bantry, continue on this road for approx. 20km.
- Drive into Dunmanway town and at the top of Market Square turn left following the signs for Bantry taking the R586.
- After approx. 13 km you will reach Drimoleague Village, continue on the R586 following the signposts for Bantry.
- After approx.20 km you will be coming into Bantry town.
- The Maritime Hotel is located on your right hand side before you reach Wolf Tone Square.
- The carpark is located on the left hand side of the road, approx. 60m after you pass Bantry Town Pier, before the main entrance of the hotel.
Travelling by Car from KILLARNEY:
- Take the N22 towards Cork for approx.. 32km until you reach Ballyvourney Village.
- Shortly after White Deer Brewery on your right, turn right towards Ballingeary.
- Drive for approx.. 4.2km then turn left following the sign for Bantry & Ballingeary. Drive for 2km
- Continue onto L3402 again following the signs for Bantry & Ballingeary.
- Turn right onto R584 at Ballyvourney Village
- Follow signs for Bantry from now on.
- Turn left onto N71 at Ballylickey Bridge
- Turn right onto Wolfe Tone Square and keep to your most left lane to leave the town, The Maritime Hotel will be on your left hand side as you exit the square towards Skibbereen.
- The carpark is located on the right hand side of the road, approx. 50m from the main entrance.
We have also provided a Google map so that you can actually see the directions to Bantry from Cork, Killarney, Limerick and many more main cities and towns.
Travelling by BUS to BANTRY:
Bus Eireann are the only bus service travelling to Bantry from Cork/ Kerry/ Dublin and the rest of Ireland. You can find the different services and timetables available HERE
Travelling by TAXI to BANTRY:
Taxi services are available from all airports and train stations, alternatively we can arrange a taxi for you on your behalf. Please contact reception on 02754700 or e-mail email@example.com for this service.
For your convenience, we would recommend parking in the set-down area outside the entrance of the Maritime Hotel before unloading your luggage from your car & check in with the hotel. Our complimentary secure underground car park is located approximately 100 metres past the hotel on the right hand side of the N71 going south. The receptionist will advise you on directions.
Distances from Bantry
- Cork 1.45 hrs
- Kerry 1.45 hrs
- Shannon 3.30 hrs
- Dublin 4.30 hrs